Botox® & Dermal Fillers - Ephrata, PA
Creating Renewed and Refreshed Looks for our Dental Patients in our Lititz Location
At Ephrata Family Dentistry, we are dedicated to incorporating the most innovative dentistry techniques and technologies into our dental office. That’s why we decided to offer Botox Cosmetic and Therapeutic® as well as dermal fillers as treatments in our dentistry practice. While you may not immediately think about visiting the dentist for these treatments, our skilled dental professionals have advanced training in the way that oral and facial structures work together. This means dentists may just be the ideal healthcare providers to offer Botox® and dermal filler treatments. If you want to learn more about these cosmetic treatments, call our dental office in Lilitz to request a cosmetic consultation appointment today.
What is Botox®?
Botox Cosmetic and Therapeutic® are injectable treatments that are used to control unconscious muscle movements. Botox® was first utilized to prevent painful muscle spasms, but today, Botox® injections can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, decrease the quantity and severity of migraine days, and relieve painful muscle spasms.
Benefits of Botox®
There are many benefits to treatment with Botox®, including:
- Botox® offers a non-surgical method of reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Botox® injections are fast and efficient, allowing you to dramatically improve your appearance in less than an hour spent in our dental office.
- Botox® injections are often much more comfortable than other more invasive cosmetic solutions.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are also injected, but rather than stopping muscle movement to improve the appearance of wrinkles, dermal fillers are used to replace lost collagen and improve the appearance of sagging or drooping skin.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
There are many benefits to treatment with dermal fillers, including:
- Dermal fillers deliver immediate results. We simply inject the fillers beneath the skin. Then, we shape the fillers into position plumping up the sagging skin and improving the appearance.
- Most dermal fillers include ingredients like hyaluronic acids and collagen that are good for skin, so they may actually continue to improve skin health after treatment.
- Dermal fillers deliver fast and long-lasting results. It has been shown in clinical trials that dermal fillers can last for 6 - 18 months, but individual results may vary
How do I know if Dermal Fillers or Botox® Injections are Right for Me?
Every situation is different, but the impacted area will most likely determine which of these two cosmetic treatment options makes sense in your case. Botox® injections are usually recommended for fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes and can last for 3 - 4 months, but results may vary. Dermal fillers are most often recommended for laugh and frown lines and drooping skin around the mouth and jawline.
How can Botox® Treat TMJ/TMD?
In addition to cosmetic improvements, Botox® can also be used for therapeutic treatments that address of number of issues, including migraines, excessive sweating, and yes even TMJ/TMD therapy. Many patients suffering from TMJ dysfunction experience numerous unconscious movements that place unnecessary and excessive strain on the jaw joints, leading to pain or difficulty opening and closing the mouth. When Botox® limits these unconscious movements, the TMJ pain subsides and the full range of motion is restored.